The application deadline for the Texas Leadership Scholars Program’s Fall 2024 Cohort will be announced when applications open.
Please note, applications are not yet open for the 2024-2025 academic year.
The Application Process
Students must be nominated by a staff member (guidance counselor, teacher, principal, etc.) from their graduating high school. If staff at your school are not familiar with the program, they can email TexasScholars@unt.edu for more information.
In the application, students should be prepared to:
- Provide basic information about yourself, including your current high school GPA.
- Self-assess your leadership skills.
- Provide short responses explaining how you have been a leader in your community.
- Rank three potential participating schools to which you've applied.
- Provide the contact information of someone from their high school who can serve as a reference. A recommendation form will automatically be sent to them upon submission.
- Recommendations will be given a short grace period for candidates who submit an application shortly before the deadline, but we strongly urge completing the application by mid-January to ensure time for the recommendation to be submitted before applications are reviewed by Texas Leadership Scholars Program staff.
*This Scholarship is not transferable because we seek to ensure a cohort of students at each campus. If the student does not attend the institution which awarded the scholarship, they will be foregoing being a participant in this program.*
Please review eligibility criteria before applying!