The application deadline for the Texas Leadership Scholars Program’s Fall 2024 Cohort will be announced when applications open.
Applications will open on November 1, 2023. Students will be notified of their selection status in April.
The Application Process
Students are invited to apply by a staff member at their high school (guidance counselor, teacher, principal, etc.). If staff at your school are not familiar with the program, they can email TexasScholars@unt.edu for more information. School staff can also request the application link here.
In the application, students should be prepared to:
- Provide basic information about yourself, including your current high school GPA.
- Self-assess your leadership skills.
- Provide short responses explaining how you have been a leader in your community.
- Rank three potential schools to which you've applied.
- Note: This program is available at many but not all public universities in Texas. Check here if the school(s) you're considering are members before applying.
- Provide the contact information for a teacher, guidance counselor, or school administrator at your high school so they can provide a recommendation
- Recommendations will be given a short grace period for candidates who submit an application shortly before the deadline, but we strongly urge completing the application by mid-January to ensure time for the recommendation to be submitted before applications are reviewed by Texas Leadership Scholars Program staff.
Please review eligibility criteria before applying!